I know it’s pretty early in the day (or at least it is where I’m at on the East Coast), and typically something like this is really only done in YouTube videos for the most part, but I figure it would be a fun little way for you to get to know me a bit. I’m going to attempt to do as many of these as I can. I’m also going to try and make it as interesting as possible as far as the questions, and not have all of them be like super basic ones lol.
Also, before I start, I just wanted to mention about my posts, that I’m not exactly sure when or how often I’ll be posting, because I haven’t come up with a sort of schedule for it yet, but I’m going to try and post as often as I can. It might not be every single day, back to back, like yesterday and today, but if I can do it 3-4 times a week, I think that would be pretty good. Right? I don’t know, I’ll have to figure it out, and when I do, I’ll probably write a post about it updating you guys. But let me stop rambling and get to the point of this post now lol, here we go….
All About Me Tag:
1. My name: Emily Hernandez
2. What does your name mean?: So I had to Google this one, because I never really knew what my name meant, but what came up pretty much is that it’s Latin for industrious; striving.
3. Where are you from?: I’m going to assume this is like a nationality question, so I’ll say that I’m Puerto Rican and Italian.
4. Where do you live?: I live in the South Bronx right now.
5. What do you do for a living?: I just started my first full-time job out of college as a receptionist.
6. Favorite color(s): Red, Purple, and Burgundy. Ignorant people will say that red and burgundy are pretty much the same, but they are not!!! >:[
7. Favorite holiday: Christmas. If you know me, you know I am truly OBSESSED with that holiday lol.
8. Are you competitive?: Not all the time, but I definitely think I can be for certain things.
9. What is on top of your bucket list?: Oh boy, this is probably vague, but honestly it’s just to be able to travel all over the world.
10. What is your biggest accomplishment?: Thus far, as cliche as it may sound, I would say graduating college; and also being blessed to have landed this full-time job within 2 1/2-3 months being out of school.
11. Which of your parents are you more like?: I would have to say my dad, and I would say that sometimes it’s in good ways, and sometimes bad ones.
12. Do you have a best friend, if so, then who? Her name is Michelle 🙂
13. What app do you use most?: I would say it’s a close tie between Instagram and Snapchat.
14. How many relationships have you been in?: Serious ones? Only 2.
15. Do you have pets?: Yes, I have a cat named Spencer ❤ ^_^
16. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Yes, and twice.
17. Do you speak any other languages?: I can speak broken Spanish, if that makes sense. And I know certain phrases and what not in Italian.
18. How many siblings do you have?: 1 brother, Chris.
19. Favorite movie: Ugh, there are SO many, i’ll be here forever naming them. But the Harry Potter Series is definitely up there, any Nicholas Sparks movie, the Twilight series, LOL, etc., etc., (am if I wasn’t basic before, am I there now?).
20. Favorite TV show: Friends and/or Power.
21. What phone do you have?: Iphone 6s, the “rose gold” one.
22. How tall are you?: 5’6″.
23. Can you cook?: I can make a couple different meals for breakfast and dinner, but I’m definitely still learning.
24. What is your middle name?: Caitlyn
25. What is your favorite drink?: I’ve been obsessed with Starbucks coffee lately, particularly an iced caramel macchiato with skim milk.
26. What would you (or have you) name your children? I don’t have any children, but for a girl I absolutely LOVE the name Isabella, and for a boy maybe something like Maison.
27. Have you participated in sports?: I used to play volleyball and softball in high school. Currently, I’ll play basketball with my brother and boyfriend every so often, but that’s about it.
28. On a scale from 1-10, rate your childhood: 5.
29. What is your favorite store?: Oh boy… Victoria Secret, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, H&M, Garage, Barnes and Noble, Fashion Nova, etc. Lol.
30. Did you like school?: This one’s hard. Anyone who knows me knows that I had a very love/hate relationship with school, especially towards the end. (This is definitely a future post I’d like to make to speak more about it and my thoughts on it all).
31. What are some of your favorite YouTubers?: Jaclyn Hill, KathleenLights, Manny MUA, and Amanda Bucci I would say are definitely my top favorites.
32. How long have you known your best friend?: I’ve known her since Freshmen year, but we got close in Sophomore year, so I’ll say 7 years, coming up on 8 soon.
33. What position do you normally sleep in?: Either on my stomach with my face stuffed in my pillow (I know that sounds weird, but no I’m not trying to kill myself), or laying on my right side.
34. Were you part of a clique in high school? I went to an all girls high school, and I don’t really think we had any of that there, unless I was completely oblivious to it. I mean I had my set group of friends that I would be with, and pretty much everyone was like that too, but I don’t know if I would necessarily classify that as having cliques.
35. Have you ever given blood?: I’m Anemic, so I can’t 😦 but I’ve ALWAYS wanted to.
36. Name one movie that made you cry: Marley & Me. It doesn’t matter where I am, how much time has passed since the last time I watched it, or how frequently I watch that movie, I will ALWAYS cry my eyes out like a baby whenever they put Marley down 😥
37. Do you prefer to read poetry, write poetry, or neither?: I’ve tried writing poetry several times before and feel like I suck at it. But recently I’ve really gotten into reading poetry, especially from R.h. Sin. He writes some amazing stuff.
38. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how? Yes (thanks Chris -_- YA BUM), I’ve broken my left wrist before. It was a long time ago, probably when I was like 8-9 years-old. Long story short, my brother and I were in this park playing on the monkey bars, my brother goes first, and while he’s on it, I decided to tickle him. Now, keep in my mind my brother was always tall, so when I tickled him, and he let go, he landed on his feet with NO problems because his feet were pretty much touching the ground anyway. So then it was my turn, and I was not tall at all lol, so he tickled me back, I fell off the monkey bars landing face first into the floor, landing on my chest, and I guess I thought my hands would stop the fall, because I landed on my wrist too (how it was only my left wrist and not my right one too, I have no idea). So anyway I’m laying there on the floor pretty much dying (from how it felt) because I landed on my chest and the wind was knocked out of me so I couldn’t breathe, and I was trying to let my brother know that, he couldn’t understand me and just thought I was making funny noises, so he was laughing at me the whole time >_>. I finally got my breathe back, stood up, and was walking to my mom ( I still hadn’t realized my wrist was broken), so I’m walking and then my mom starts screaming, “OMG, WHAT HAPPENED?! TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL!!,” so I finally looked down, and kinda just saw my wrist dangling, andddddddddd then the pain kicked in. Lol, so yeah that’s how I broke my wrist.
39. What was the last thing you watched on TV?: I’m re-watching the entire Vampire Diaries series, so like episode 3 of that.
40. Do you think you’d make a good parent?: Actually, yes. I love kids, and have worked with them every year since I was 13, they obviously were not my biological kids, but there’s always an attachment that grows between you and them, and I’ve learned a lot about kids, how to deal with them, etc., so I think those experiences will help me later on with my own.
41. When is your birthday?: August 17th; I’m a Leo, hence, my blog name lol.
42. Do you wear glasses, if so for how long?: Yes, I do actually. Since like 2011, though I’ve gotten more used to them than I probably should have, because they were only supposed to be meant for things like reading the boards at school and what not, but I literally wear them all day, everyday now.
43. Why did one of your friendships end? This is a good one actually. I’ve had several friendships that I’ve had to end recently, some of which I’ve had since I was like a baby. And it was some extremely difficult decisions that I had to make, but you know what, I grew up and came to realize that many of these friendships were not only not good for me to keep up, but also way too much work for me to keep up. They became too needy in a sense, and would always expect me to be the one to keep up the friendship by constantly calling and texting them, but I would have a lot going on in my life because I like to keep busy, and they would not only get upset with me, but not at all be understanding with me about any of it. My thought on it is, yes we are friends, and yes of course I’d love to speak to you, but it’s not something that I should have to do every single day, and it shouldn’t always only be me initiating it. Friendship is a two-way street, and we’re all adults here; we’re in relationships, working full-time jobs, busy with other commitments, and if you can’t understand that, as a friend of mine and support it, then maybe we shouldn’t have any type of friendship/relationship at all.
44. Why did your last relationship end?: Because it was toxic, and really messed me up mentally.
45. Are you still figuring out who you are?: Of course. Especially at the age I’m at, I have so many different interests, goals, plans for myself, etc., and think I have an idea of the type of person I want to be in life and what I want to do, but God and life in general works in such mysterious ways, that everything I have in mind for myself could change in an instant. So for now, I’m still figuring things out.
46. When was the last time you laughed so hard? LMAO yesterday at a picture of a fork my boyfriend put up on Snapchat.
47. Where do you go when you’re sad?: I pretty much just stay in my room and isolate myself from everyone.
48. What’s your favorite candle scent? Marshmallow Fireside from Bath and Body works omg.
49. What religion will you raise your children to practice? No religion. I will explain to them that I was brought up Catholic, baptized, confirmed, communion, the whole nine-yards, and explain it all to them thoroughly, but will never try forcing them to be apart of any religion, that’s something they can attempt to decide for themselves.
50. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Not all, but I do definitely tend to remember a lot of them, especially the most strange ones.
51. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? Brandon, Nicholas, or Ernest apparently.
52. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? British accent, hands down, lmao I’m always attempting to speak in that type of accent regularly.
53. Do you ever dance even if there is no music playing? LMAO yes, my boyfriend finds me so weird because of it.
54. Heels or flats? Flats, but occasionally heels.
55. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Harry Potter!!!!
56. Are you stubborn? Ridiculously stubborn sometimes lol
57. Are you dating? I’m not dating as in plural, but I am in a relationship.
58. Do you want any tattoos? I want about 5 of them, but they’re all pretty small, nothing huge and crazy.
59. How old do you think you will be when you have your first child? Maybe 24.
60. Are you a risk taker? Very much so lol, it’s a little bad habit sometimes.
Okay this could go on FOREVER, the more I look for questions, the more I find questions I keep wanting to answer so I’m going to end this here. But I hope you guys enjoy this post, and hope you learned a little bit more about me.
Talk to you guys soon!
-Xoxo Leo Girl.