In light of my 23rd birthday today, I thought it would be nice to share with you guys 23 things that I’ve learned this past year and throughout my life in general thus far.
* * * * * *
In no particular order:
- Always put yourself and your happiness first, no matter the person or situation.
2. Don’t be afraid to take risks.
3. Not everyone is going to have the same mentality as you (regardless of in a positive or negative way).
4. Always make time for yourself at some point in the day, whether you’re reading, writing, going to the gym or doing something as simple as a skincare routine, it’s necessary for you to take care of yourself first to many extents.
5. Be grateful for everything in your life, whether big or small.
6. Don’t take things so seriously in life or personal.
7. Sometimes its okay to just walk away (from a person or situation).
8. Not all friendships are meant to last, no matter how long you’ve had them.
9. It’s okay to spend and enjoy time by yourself sometimes, in fact, it’s kind of necessary.
10. Don’t be afraid to lean on the people around you, whether that’s family, a significant other, or your closest friend(s). I 100% get not wanting to feel like a burden to people with your problems, but there are people around you who genuinely care about you and want to be there for you (even if it may be a handful or select few of people, they ARE there).
11. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and fail.
12. Give yourself credit when it’s due, no matter how big or small the accomplishment, task, etc. is.
13. Treat yourself occasionally! Obviously try not to go overboard, but everyone deserves to be treated sometimes. Don’t wait for someone else to do it for you, do it for yourself. Get a mani/pedi, do some retail therapy, whatever it is that you want. If you know you’re a hard-worker and you deserve it, then why not?
14. Don’t ever be sorry for who or how you are. Unless you know it’s a bad habit or something that you need to change, but don’t ever let someone make you feel bad for being a certain way because chances are, you’re that way for a reason.
15. If you never try and put yourself out there, you’ll never really know what you’re capable of (in any/all aspects).
16. The type of energy and vibes that you send out towards people and to the world in general, is exactly what you’re going to get back. Nothing more, nothing less.
17. It’s okay to not always be okay. You don’t always have to be strong all the time, no matter what people or society in general may say or make it seem.
18. Everyone does things at their own pace, “Just because you took longer than others, doesn’t mean you failed or aren’t good enough.” Therefore, don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
19. Don’t let your issues and/or mistakes define who you are because they don’t. Learn from them and move forward with your life (to the best of your ability).
20. Make the best out of everything currently in your life, whether it’s a situation you’re dealing with or material things you may have (or lack thereof).
21. Hard-work NEVER goes unnoticed (believe it or not), someone will always recognize it and give you credit for it, trust me.
22. Have fun and do things that make you genuinely happy, because life is too short to do anything BUT things that make you happy.
23. It’s just a bad day/week/month/year, not a bad life. Don’t take a shitty day(s) and make it seem like you have a horrible life. Take whatever’s happened to you on that day(s) and use it to have better days later on.
Thanks for reading!
-Xoxo, Leo Girl ❤