I’ve been thinking a lot about this recently, because I know that there are always certain days more than others that I tend to need and/or seek that bit of extra motivation in my day to day routines. So, when I sat down to really think about it, I realized that these 8 tips are ones that almost always seem to help me when I’m lacking that motivation. Sometimes I’ll do all of them at some point of my day, and sometimes I’ll just do a few of them.
Nonetheless, these tips always end up being my go-to on those motivation-less days to help get me through the day. These are obviously things that tend to work for ME, and I am well aware that what works for me, may not work for everyone, but I figure I share them because you never know who could end being benefited by them.
So let’s get started! 🙂
- Do things you love and that make you happy. Pretty straight-forward and obvious, no? There’s a reason I mention this, because as obvious as it may seem, a lot of people tend to not do it very much. Some people are super strict in their day to day routines. They mostly only do the things that NEED to get done during the week, like going to work, getting errands done, etc. But, try not to be so serious all of the time. Make sure that you’re making time throughout your day to do things that make YOU happy; whether that’s during your lunch break at work, after work, a night-time routine you have, etc. It’s extremely important and needed in order for you to keep yourself going, and actually WANT to carry-on with the rest of your day.
2. Listen to music that hypes you up & makes you feel good. I don’t know about anyone else, but on my way to work every morning (which is about a 20-30 minute train ride and 5-10 minute walk afterwards), I always try to listen to particular songs that I know are not only going to really wake me up, but also hype me up to start my day. And 9 times out of 10, it works. The only “downside” to this is that by the end of it, I’ve got the beats stuck in my head, and all I really want to do is dance throughout the day, but ya gotta pick your battles right? 🤷🏻♀️😂. (*I’m planning on doing an entire post on the music that always ends up hyping me up and making me feel good, although it was going to be more so of a gym playlist kind of post, but I definitely want to incorporate this in there now*).
3. Wear clothes that you feel good in. I know this one can be a little tough, more so during the week because most people are working and what not, but who says you can’t look and feel cute at work? Screw what everyone says that you’re not there to impress anyone, I mean you’re not, but you should be impressing YOURSELF and make yourself FEEL good in whatever it is you’re wearing. Chances are if you look good, then you’re going to feel good, and if you’re feeling good, then you’re definitely going to want to kick ass and conquer the day.
4. Listen to podcasts. This has been SUCH a big one for me recently. I more so have been listening to these at night, on my way home from the gym, but nonetheless, it helps SO much. The inspirational podcasts I’ve been listening to in recent weeks has really become such a huge part of my night-time routine, and I’m SO glad that it has. Believe it or not, listening to motivational podcasts can really spark something in you to find what you’re passionate about in life and attempt to take whatever steps necessary to get where you want to be. (*I’m also planning on doing an entire post dedicated to my favorite motivational podcasts that have been inspiring me SO much lately, so stay tuned for that!*)
5. Go to your favorite place(s). You’d be surprised what going to some of your favorite places could do for you in sparking your motivation. There are 2 places in particular that I absolutely LOVE to go to, that almost always not only spark my motivation, but also my creativity and if I were lacking inspiration as well. It kind of helps me release any stress that I may have, clears my mind and gets everything rolling again.
6. Reading & looking up motivational quotes. Am I the only one that does this? Anytime I’m lacking motivation wherever I am (whether at home, work, etc.), I will legit sit and just look-up motivational quotes on Google. Believe it or not, it really does help (me anyway). It helps because it shows me that whatever I’m feeling, I’m not the ONLY one feeling it, and there’s a weird sense of comfort in that. I’ll look at different websites and images for motivational quotes, post and/or screenshot a few that I like the most, and viola I end up feeling the slightest bit better and more motivated then when I first started my day. Google never fails me!!
7. Thinking about the future and where you’re going to want to be in 5-10 years. This one is super important. Anytime that I am feeling unmotivated and like I’m at a stand-still in my life, I take just a few minutes to think about where I am right now and where I eventually know that I want to be in my life, in a few years, everything I want to have, everywhere that I want to go, etc. and I INSTANTLY feel better and more motivated then ever before. If you have goals that you want to achieve, and remember that everything you’re feeling and going through at the moment is just temporary, and keep in mind that you WILL get to where you want to be one day, I guarantee you that will spark your motivation more then it probably ever has. I don’t know about anyone else, but thinking and/or planning (to some extent) my future, from the smallest things to the biggest, is such an exciting feeling to do and makes me never want to stop working towards all of those dreams and goals that I have.
8. And finally, Go to the gym and workout. Is anyone else surprised that this one managed to get thrown in there somehow? 😂 But seriously, personally, being able to get a good sweat in everyday at the gym (even though it’s almost never at the very start of my day like many people typically tend to suggest), always makes me feel motivated after the fact. It makes me feel good in all aspects and makes me want to do more (not workout-wise). Again, this is one of those things that will make you look good, as a result make you feel good, and as a result of THAT make you want to continue to kick ass and push for more!
I hope these tips were helpful to you guys in one way or another and you find your motivation to keep going, because once you spark that, you can only go up-hill from there!
-Xoxo, Leo Girl ❤