In light of the new year just (for the most part) beginning and everyone creating vision boards for their goals, making new resolutions for the year, etc., I’ve been thinking a lot about the road to success.
What exactly is the Road to Success and how do you get to it? Does it always work? Is it the same for everybody? Will what works for me, work for you as well? What exactly is the key to success and achieving all of these goals for the year that you’re setting for yourself?
* * * * * *
Robert Frost once said, ” Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” In other words, do what you don’t see others doing. Be different. Be bold. Be unique. Do what feels best for yourself.
So, to answer my earlier questions, I think the way that you get it and/or find it is completely up to you. I think if something works for you, then you should continue to do that thing until you are shown otherwise. And I do not think the same tactics you use for yourself to succeed will work on everyone else.
With that being said, everybody works differently, does things differently in general, etc., so what works for me, MAY work for you, but there’s also a big chance that it may not, and that goes for everything. And even if it DOES work for you, chances are, somehow or another, you tweaked it in some way, shape or form to your own liking (which is okay!).
I could very easily tell you what I consider to be the Road to Success, or what I think it is anyway, but it would just solely be based off of my own personal experiences, preferences, etc. so there’s really no right or wrong answer for what it actually is.
I do, however, WANT to tell you guys what I think are steps to getting to the Road to Success because it may inspire you to follow those steps but have a different and even better outcome then my own, or even just create your own steps for how to get there.
* * * * * *
Ultimately, I think the Road to Success is what you make of it for yourself. It’s whatever makes you feel right inside and happy.
So, personally, these are a few of the things I’ve done to make sure that within myself, I’ve succeeded at what I’m doing, or at the very least, am on my way to reaching success…
- Find what it is that you’re most passionate about.
- Once you’ve found that thing, just do it….A LOT.
- Read about it, learn about it in different aspects, and learn ways to perfect it.
- Actually try to perfect it.
- Do not let the thoughts or opinions of others bring you down for what you’re trying to do (it’s easy to be intimated by people’s opinions, but it’s always going to be a learning process, and no one can judge you for that and/or take that away from you).
- Take criticism with a grain of salt. Constructive criticism is always welcomed (or should be), but some people like to criticize without actually having any real insight on what it is you’re saying/doing. So, hear them out, take what they’re saying and try to use it in a positive way to better yourself.
- Always focus on the goal(s), that which ultimately is to succeed in whatever it is that you want to do, and don’t let anything get in the way of that.
* * * * * *
Those are a few of my steps to finding and achieving the Road to Success, to some degree. I’m sure there are PLENTY of others, but at the moment, those are the only ones that I can think of.
But, one of the most important things I think that there is to truly keep in mind about the Road to Success, is that it’s always under construction and will be a work in progress.
There’s always going to be something you can do to make what you’re passionate about, better. It also doesn’t happen overnight, and does NOT come easily. But that’s okay, because nothing worth having comes easy.
Just something to keep in mind/think about amid the start of the new year.
I hope that this post inspired you in some way, shape or form and motivated you to want to start your journey of seeking the Road to Success. I also hope that one day, whether soon or in the future, you actually make it there and that I have the pleasure of being able to read about it.
Leave a comment down below what you guys think the Road to Success is and/or your steps for getting there. I always love hearing from you guys.
Please follow, like, share and comment and I’ll see you guys in the next one. ❤
-Xoxo, Leo Girl ❤