Yesterday started out as a pretty good day; I was feeling a lot better compared to how I was the past few days (health wise), work was fairly quiet, and I had actually gotten home at a decently early hour (which if you know me and my hectic schedule, that rarely happens nowadays). After I got home, however, things went downhill quick and unfortunately, it was one of those things that REALLY just ends up ruining your entire day altogether…..
I’m not going to get into detail about it because it’s more on the personal side and something to discuss in a later post if at all, BUT because of having a shitty end to the day, I thought it was the perfect time to put out THIS post which, as you saw from the title, is:
TIPS FOR SELF-CARE! 💆🏻♀️🎉
* * * * * *
Self-care is any action or activity that we do which helps us take a step back from our responsibilities for a few seconds, minutes or hours in order to care of our mental, emotional, and physical health.
It can literally be anything. Anything that helps make you feel good and rejuvenated to continue to kick-ass at work, or while doing your chores, or whatever the case is.
I thought this was the perfect time because whenever you’re in a shitty mood like I was yesterday, aside from obviously kind of wanting to just do your own thing and be left alone by everyone, don’t you to some extent end up wanting to do things that will somehow cheer you up and make you feel better? Because I know I sure do, even if it means doing them alone.
Now, everyone is obviously different and likes/prefers different things to make them happy and feel good, but I figure I can share with you guys some of the things I typically like to do when I’m down (including what I did yesterday), that usually end up bringing me out of my funk in hopes that maybe it could help you do the same now or in the future for yourself.
OR maybe you’re not in a funk at all, and maybe you just want some things to help fill up your free-time that’ll still make you happy, but also feel productive…these ‘tips’, although they’re more suggestions of things to do then actually tips, can be used for any of the above.
* * * * * *
- WRITE. Usually whenever I’m in a funk or have any free-time at all is normally when I catch up on things like my blog or book. Writing soothes me SO much and usually ends up making me feel like a new person whenever I’m done. Whether it’s in my notebook, on sticky notes or written in the notes on my phone, you’ll always catch me jotting things down whenever I get a chance. It’s soothing to be able to jot down whatever it is I may be thinking about in the moment (not every single second of the day obviously, but if I feel it’s important and that I may want to go back to it later on).
2. READ. Unfortunately, I don’t always find the time to be able to do this, but when I DO…it’s the best. I completely tune everything out and just focus on the book I’m reading; the characters, the situation going on, whatever it may be at the time, to the point where I don’t even want to sleep until I finish reading whatever it is. I find that reading is a nice way to calm your mind, especially at the end of the night, if that’s the sort of thing you’re into like I am.
3. WORKING OUT. Going to the gym and working out can be so unbelievably therapeutic for a person’s mind, body and soul (believe it or not). If you’re reading this and you’re not into working out at all, I can see why you would probably roll your eyes at this one, because it’s so cliché for someone to say, but I promise it’s also 100% true (if you’re into the workout at the time anyway). It’s a great stress-reliever after a long day to just go ahead and release all of your pent up frustration, aggression, or whatever the case may be for you and just take it ALL out on the weights.
4. A SKINCARE ROUTINE. Another cliché and typical suggestion to make, because it’s something that everyone always suggests, but it really is another good one and actually the one I opted to do last night. Doing a skincare routine whether elaborate or basic is so soothing and will for sure make you feel good by the end of it (to some extent anyway). I mean, who doesn’t want smooth, clear and radiant skin right? After all, it is the first thing you see of yourself, as well as the first thing others end up seeing of you, so why not make it good?
5. And finally, GETTING A MANI/PEDI. Again, another cliché suggestion, but any sort of pampering that you do for yourself whether this, a skincare routine, a haircut, etc. is sure to make you feel rejuvenated and good about yourself in some way, shape or form. I mean who doesn’t love to feel and actually get pampered, right?!
* * * * * *
Well that’s it guys…these are things that usually tend to make me feel happy, good about myself, and productive.
Obviously there are probably a ton more, different from this list, that you would be able to think of, but the ones that I mentioned are the ones that are generally all, if not, MOST of the things I tend to gear towards whenever I’m in a funk or just looking to do some ‘me-time’ stuff.
Self-care is a form of self-love, and if you’re anything like me and tend to be super busy and on-the-go all the time, you should try to make time for it AT LEAST once or twice a week.
It really is important and needed in order for you to reflect, release, relax and rejuvenate to carry on with the rest of your week and/or start your week even.
I hope that you guys enjoyed this post, and that it helped you in some way, shape or form. As always, thank you so much for reading, please like, comment, share and follow and I’ll see you guys in the next one!
-Xoxo, LeoGirl ❤
Follow Me On Social Media! 🙂 :
Instagram & Twitter: @Thatleogirlem
Facebook: Emily C. Hernandez
Send me emails for feedback and/or general thoughts or recommendations!