*Can you guys tell I’m the WORSE at titles/headings?!* 😂
If you’re a dedicated makeup lover and follower of Sephora, you know that very rarely do they do any type of sales like this. In fact, they only really do it once a year around the holidays. So when word got out that they were doing this BeautyInsider appreciation sale, you know everyone (including myself) went nuts.
I typically don’t tend to participate in these things even though I am part of the rewards program, and have been at the VIB status for a while, because I almost always forget that it’s going on, and then by the time I actually remember, the sale is over 🤦🏻♀️, since they usually only hold them for a short amount of time.
This year, however, I was fully aware of it and took full advantage of my 15% off everything discount (*which, fun fact, everything I ended up purchasing in the sale upgraded me to VIB Rouge status, which means that instead of having 15% off in the next event like this that happens, I’ll now have 20% off, among other cool benefits*).
With all of that being said, I thought it would be cool to share with you guys all of the products I picked up during the sale, as well as other general makeup products that I’ve bought recently outside of Sephora. I’m going to start off with the Sephora stuff, then move on to the other things.
* * * * * *
*Note: When I started going through everything I bought, and writing this post, I didn’t realize how many ‘mini’ versions of products I got. So this is a half full-sized products, and half mini/sample size kind of post!! 😂*
In no particular order:
- Marc Jacobs Beauty. I got 2 different lipglosses from this brand; 1 Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in the shade P(r)each (the top one) and 1 Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss in the shade 318 Pretty Thing (the bottom one).
I have heard SO many amazing things about these lipglosses from girls I know, beauty influencers, etc. so I figure it’s about time that I pick a few up to try them out myself. Both lipglosses are $28.
2. Jouer Cosmetics. I got one of their Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipsticks in the shade Dulce de Leche. I’m a huge lipstick girl (liquid and otherwise), so I obviously had to make sure I picked up a few during this sale, and I had a ton of these sitting in my cart for the longest so I figure why not? Similar to the Marc Jacobs lipglosses, I’ve heard so many good things about this brand’s lipsticks; their formula, the way they wear, etc. so I’m definitely excited to try these out finally. These liquid lipsticks retail for $18.
3. Kat Von D. I picked up a mini version of the Lock-It Setting Powder from her brand because I’ve heard so many people rave about it, but most setting powders tend to be a miss for me. So, I figure I pick-up the mini version, see how I like it and if I do I’ll just buy the full-size version. This miniature version comes with 0.19 oz of product and retails for $15 (the full-size one is $30 in case anyone was wondering).
4. Boscia. I picked up one of the Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizers. One of my absolute favorite things to check out on the Sephora website is always the Skincare section, especially the ‘just arrived’ part of it. I’m always on the hunt for new and good products that are going to help, hydrate, and brighten my sensitive skin, so when I saw this and read the amazing reviews, I knew I HAD to get it.
The majority of the recent reviews I read on this were all super positive, especially for people with dry skin (which I tend to struggle with), so I’m really excited to try this and see what it does for me! This retails for $38.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills. Of COURSE I had to run and pick-up the Norvina palette and I think it’s pretty self-explanatory why…I mean just look at it..take a second, I’ll wait……
Done? Okay, let’s talk about it. Just LOOK at this color range and how gorgeous it is. I feel like so many beautiful soft or smokey pinky, purply looks can be done with this palette. UGH it is beautiful. I’ll be honest, I only really watched two reviews on this palette from KathleenLights and Manny MUA, but regardless, they were both good and gave me the extra push to run out and buy it. I mean c’mon especially with the sale going on, I had to. The palette retails for $42.
6. Too Faced. I picked up one of the Too Faced Born This Way concealers in the shade Light Beige. I’ve literally been obsessed with finding the perfect concealer for my crazy, puffy, dark circles lately and have heard a lot of great things about these in particular so I’ve been itching to try it. These retail for $29.
7. Hourglass. Similar to the Kat Von D one, I picked up a mini-size of the Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder. I won’t really repeat why I got the mini because it’s pretty much the same reason I got the Lock-It setting powder (see number 3 for why).
I will say though that I’ve read and seen so many great reviews about this powder all over the internet, so I’m really hoping that it’ll work the same for me that it seems to be working for everyone else. It comes with 0.07 oz of product. This miniature version retails for $18 (and the full-size goes for $46).
8. Laura Mercier. I picked up one of the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Mini, in the shade Sand. I think the idea of being able to have a moisturizer like this and have it give people the impression that you have some type of makeup on when you really don’t, is so cool. And I’ve read that this is one of the best tinted moisturizers in Sephora, so I decided to give it a try and see how I end up feeling about it. This comes with 1 oz of product and retails for $24.
9. Tarte. I also picked up one of the Tarte Creaseless Under Eye Concealers in the shade Light Sand. Again, like the powders, I pretty much already explained my intention(s) for wanting to pick up another concealer (*see number 6*), so I won’t repeat the same thing again.
However, I will say that I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews on this, but one consistent comment and/or positive thing said about this is that it is AMAZING coverage for those with dry, dark circles, so that’s what really reeled me in and made me excited for it. So we’ll see how that goes!! This concealer retails for $26.
10. Smashbox. I picked up the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water Mini. This is something that I had in my cart and had been wanting to try for SUCH a long time, and now with this sale I was kind of just like “screw it, I’m getting it!” This comes with 1 oz of product and retails for $15.
11. Sephora Favorites. I got one of the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip gift sets. I always see these and think that they are so cute, especially with the products they carry. I had gotten one for my best friend last Christmas and had been wanting to try one for myself ever since, so I got this one because I LOVE my nudes…lol 😏
It comes with 3 sample sized lipsticks (a Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Hydrating Lipstick in Beach Babe, a Make Up Forever Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick in 105, and a Buxom Lip Polish in Dolly) and 2 full-sized ones (a Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Carmello and a Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in Trendsetter). This set retails for $28, but has a $72 value.
12. Saturday Skin. I got this Saturday Skin No Bad Days skincare set. I’ve literally never heard of this brand before, but when I was skimming through the skincare gift sets section I saw this, read the reviews (which the majority for the most part were really good), and decided to try it out.
It comes with a Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel, a Daily Dew Hydrating Essence Mist, a Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream, and a Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream. This retails for $39, but is of a $69 value.
13. Free Birthday Gift!! This is technically the last thing I got from Sephora, although I didn’t actually buy it, it’s free. If you’re apart of the BeautyInsider rewards program, I believe regardless of what status you’re at, every year you always get a little gift from Sephora for your birthday.
Every year they give people the option of 2 gifts to choose from and this year if I remember correctly, the options were either this Bite Beauty gift set (which has a Mini Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai, a Mini Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Glacé, an Agave Lip Balm, and an Agave Sugar Lip Scrub), OR a little GlamGlow duo set (which has a SuperMud Clearing Treatment & a GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer). I figure I pick the one who’s brand I had never really tried products from before, so that’s what I did.
* * * * * *
Well that’s all of the products that I had bought from the BeautyInsider Appreciation Event at Sephora, but I also wanted to show you guys 4 makeup products that I got from a completely new and separate makeup company recently.
The brand I’m referring to is called Beauty Bakerie. I was actually first introduced to this brand when I was watching KathleenLights YouTube video (can you tell she’s one of my fav YouTubers?) all about her testing out their products to do a full-face of makeup with them. After seeing that video, I did my own research on the brand, and honestly guys if you haven’t checked them and their story out, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. I’ll leave their site linked here so that you can check them out.
ALL of their makeup products are cruelty free and based completely off baking and everything that entails that; all of their packaging, the names of their products, etc. and it is SO FREAKIN CUTE!!
So for right now, I only got 4 of their products which was a concealer, 2 lipsticks and a setting powder. I really wanted to try one of their foundations, but there’s always next time.
How CUTE is the packaging for all of these products btw?!
- The first thing I got was one of their Flour Setting Powders in Translucent, which retails for $24.
2. The next thing I got was 2 of their Matte Lip Whips, one in the shade Gingersnap, and the other in the shade Syruptitious, which retail for $20 each.
3. And the last thing I got was one of their Cake Face Concealers in the shade Love You Latte, even though it looks a little dark so I MIGHT have to return it and get a lighter shade, which retails for $24.
* * * * * *
Well guys that’s it for this post, that is all the makeup products that I’ve purchased recently. Let me know either in the comments or through social media whether or not you guys participated in the sale, and if you DID, what stuff did you guys pick up?! Similar products to mine? Completely different ones? Let me know! I’d love to hear from you guys about it.
Sorry that this post is SO long, but I really hope that you enjoyed it and I’ll see you guys in my next one! 🙂
-Xoxo, Leo Girl ❤