Hey guys, how’s everything going?
I hope that you all are doing well and staying healthy and safe in the comforts of your own homes with your families, significant others, etc.
For today’s post I wanted to talk a little bit about making the best out of a bad situation, which I think we can ALL agree that we’re kind of in right now with the whole “quarantine” stuff going on.
I did a similar post to this about 2 years ago (which I’ll leave linked here if you want to check it out), and as I just mentioned, given the circumstances of where we all are right now and what’s going on in the world, I thought it was important to re-create it to some extent.
It’s awful, it’s annoying and it REALLY sucks, but in this very moment, we unfortunately cannot do much to change the ways things are other than following what medical experts and our elected officials are telling us to do which is to STAY INSIDE. Don’t go out. Don’t come into contact with too many people at a time. And try to be as smart about all this (as far as stocking up on food and necessities) as possible.
I’m not saying it’s going to be easy because it’s definitely not, but I can only continue to hope and pray that by doing all of this and following the “rules” that these officials are giving us, that it’s going to make things better with each day that passes.
* * * * * *
Since all of this is so out of our hands and up in the air, the only thing I think we can REALLY do at this point is try to stay as busy, productive and distracted as possible while we’re stuck at home.
I for one am definitely the type that cannot stay still. Those of you that know me and/or follow me on social media know that I am always on the go, always have something going on or that I’m working on and typically tend to go stir crazy being stuck at home for more than just a day. However, under the circumstances, I don’t exactly have a choice. I/we are going to be at home for a LONG time. That being said, I’ve put together the below list of things that I plan on doing throughout this time in quarantine (aside from working lol), that also may peak your interest while being at home moving forward.
Things to do:
- The first thing I personally am going to do is genuinely try to enjoy these first few days I’m home and off. Let’s get it out of our system whether it’s just the first day or first three. Personally I know these days are well deserved off for me, as I’m sure it’s the same for you guys as well. I’m saying to enjoy them as best you can and do nothing right off the back because realistically, when are we ever really going to get a chance like this again? Being at home, doing relatively nothing but relaxing and (more or less) not really having a care in the world. I don’t know about you guys, but I personally don’t get too many days like that in my day-to-day routine.
- Start a new book or book series (i.e., the Twilight series, Harry Potter series, Hunger Games, Pretty Little Liars series, etc.). Something that will take you a while to get through.
- Find and start a new TV series (or movie collection). With all of the different streaming services in the world today, it should not be difficult to find SOMETHING to watch and get into, even if you may not have cable.
- Get into listening to Podcasts. People suggest this a lot, and when I first heard of that I was definitely like ehh, but then I started looking into it myself and finding certain ones that really peaked my interest and I got into it more and more. I would listen to them on the train going and/or coming from work. Walking home. I even used to listen to it as I was doing cardio sometimes. There are some really great and inspirational ones with amazing vibes within them (I have an entire post dedicated to my favorite ones which I’ll leave linked here if you guys want to check it out).
- Practice Self-Care. There is no better time then right now to be able to practice self-care whether that’s taking care of your skin more regularly, giving yourself a mani/pedi, meditating, practicing yoga, etc. Take care of yourself now more than ever.
- Home workouts. This one is SO important (for me personally anyway). One of the biggest disappointments I’ve had thus far throughout all of this is the fact that every single gym in New York is closed right now and I have no way of being able to strength train at the moment anymore. So, because of that I need to get a little creative and start to come up with a home workout routine because who knows how long I/we are going to be stuck home, but either way, summer is approaching so I’m still trying to have that ‘summer body’ mentality in mind and stay in shape.
- Teach yourself how to cook/bake something new (or several new things). I’m actually kind of REALLY looking forward to this because I used to be so in love with the idea of cooking and baking when I was younger, I would always find and save recipes for my mom and I to be able to try making together (which we did a few times). But, as I got older, I started being more on the go and spending less time at home, which prompted me to never have time for making stuff for myself, so since I still live at home with my parents at the moment, whenever I get home at night my mom usually is the one to cook and leave stuff for me on the side. I know how to make a few things here and there, but I’m excited to hopefully take some more time out to learn how to make more meals for myself.
- Spring cleaning!! This one is pretty big for me too because I’ve been saying for a while now that I want and need to take the time to just stay home, go through all of my clothes and what not and get rid of anything/everything that I don’t want or use anymore. SO I will 1000000% be taking advantage of this time home and finally be siting down to do that at some point. Out with the old, in with the new!!
- Clean up and organize the pictures/videos on your phone. Since I’ve been taking my blogging and Instagram content more seriously in recent months, I’ve been taking SO many pictures. But because I end up taking so many, after I take the one or 2 that I end up using to post, I end up leaving all of the rest just kind of sitting in my camera roll from each individual shoot so there is a LOT of build in there at the moment. It is a must that I do a bit of spring cleaning in my camera roll throughout this time as well haha.
- For my creators out there, take this time to try and plan (and execute if possible) new content!! It can be so difficult to plan out content sometimes, especially when you throw in having a 9-5, going to the gym early in the morning or right after work, balancing a relationship, friends, a home life, etc. Now is the PERFECT time to try planning out new content (whether it’s Instagram, YouTube, blog posts, etc.) for when we finally come out of quarantine. But also, try creating new content. It can be difficult because there’s only so much you can do at home, but this is the time to really try getting creative and putting things together for your personal brand or whatever you may be working on/towards.
- and finally, take this time to RESEARCH and EDUCATE yourselves (as I obviously will myself) on all of the serious stuff going on in the world right now. Although it’s all the media seems to be talking about at the moment, I promise you that there is SO many other things going on in the world OTHER than the virus. DON’T listen to everything that news outlets and the media has to say, do your own research and help yourself understand all of this whether it’s with the virus, the financial repercussions that may or may not come out of this or all of the employment stuff going on and that will happen after all of this is over. Yes, it can be very scary and/or nerve-wrecking to read a lot of what’s going on or going to happen, but I personally would rather educate myself and somehow be prepared for what’s to come then go in blind and not know or understand half of what’s going on.
* * * * * *
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and that it genuinely was helpful to you in some way, shape or form. Things are SO difficult right now, but try using this time to take a step back from all your normal responsibilities for a little bit, relax, recharge and come back better then ever. Usually the new year is a time to really “start all over” and “start fresh,” but maybe THIS is what will be our fresh start.
This is the time to take advantage of all the free time we’re going to have in the coming days/weeks and do all of those things that we typically tend to put in the back burner because we “don’t have time.” Time is all we really have right now.
So on that note, stay productive. Stay inside. Stay healthy. Stay safe and I will see you guys in my next post.
-Xoxo, LeoGirl ❤
Follow Me On Social Media! 🙂 :
Instagram & Twitter: @Thatleogirlem
Facebook: Emily C. Hernandez
YouTube Channel: Emily C. Hernandez
For Business Inquiries, email me at: email@example.com